Thread: so scared
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Lionhearted1
Been there, done that!

Welcome clearheaded, I too am quite succesful and built up my businesses drinking every night I suppose some people are more functioning than others I suppose it did help that I have staff and not going to work due to hangovers is no big deal since iam the boss,but that does not mean I don't have a very real problem..

I did cut back also but for me the obsession was always there, I was always waiting for the right day to have a drink obsessing what to drink how to drink etc to be honest I might aswell just carried on drinking everyday the obsession never changed I was just struggling to keep it in check.

I had to stop full stop to realise that there is so much more to life than drinking every night I want to be a role model to my daughter and not a down and out drunk like my fatherland his before him.

Why dont you stopping just for a period maybe 3 months see how you feel, you can always go back to drinking it ain't going nowhere. And one last thing I remember seeing a lady she was beautiful in her 20s but after 10 years of alcohol abuse she looks like a totally differant women, shame what this addiction does to us!!! Good luck...