View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 06:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
paul99
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Entirely ready? I guess it's the word 'entirely' that I'm thinking about.
I wouldn't let that world twist you up, even though it is vital.

The most common fear is that if we have all our character defects removed, what would be left of us? What would I look like if all my shortcomings were removed? They talk about being the "hole in the donut" in the 12&12. It doesn't happen overnight, and the thing is, what have no say in what gets removed. What we might think is a character defect could be an actual strength, and vice-versa. We are just ready. In step 5 we have seen what patterns and behaviours in our life that have been blocking us from the Sunlight of the Spirit, and we are now just ready to have Him remove them. It's just a matter of letting go. I can say that the more I let go, the freer I become, and knowing that as my defects (slowly) start to be removed, something else is filling that space up. Love. Patience. Tolerance. The spiritual principles that we speak of...which are basically the opposite of our very defects! We don't become mindless zombies. We grow along spiritual lines.

It might sound a bit airy fairy, but I have seen it in myself and in others. There is a shift.

As for that spiritual experience - of course it feels great! Continuing on the steps will ensure more of that good stuff coming your way.

Like sugarbear mentioned, following the instructions in the BB in steps 10-11 give precise directions on prayer and meditation, amongst other things.

So happy to hear that you're moving on...it's an amazing journey, and it sounds like you're already experiencing the rewards