View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Delilah1

Realizations, therapy and meetings

Happy Thanksgiving Eve! I just left my appointment with my therapist, and I really like her. We talked through a plan for tomorrow, especially with one family member who is quite judge mental and will probably have lots to say about me not drinking, of course she has lots to say about everything.

I am going to a recovery meeting at 10:00, figured today was a good day for a double dose of support m then taking the kids to see a movie later. I am off this week and should go into work for a few hours, but think I may just skip that, or make it a very short trip, did most of the work at home yesterday.

Talked with my therapist about my anxiety on Monday and amazingly she was able to help me pinpoint exactly what it was, she said I am doing all of the right things, and thinks my exit strategy for tomorrow if need be is good.

Last night I finished "Drinking A Love Story" by Caroline Knapp, I read the little about the author at the end and was saddened to learn she died of lung cancer at 42. She dealt with alcoholism for so long, finally made that choice we all make to stop and died a few years after her sobriety.

So I guess with all of my rambling I just want to say I am thankful for every day of sobriety. I am thankful for my kids and my husband, I am thankful for a few very close friends, and I am thankful to each of you on this site.

Tomorrow I am going to go to the gym in the morning for two classes to clear my head (plus, free childcare and hubby is working), I am then going to stop by a gratitude meeting for just a little bit.

If anyone is having a tough time today, tomorrow, or through the holidays lets continue to be here for each other virtually.