Old 11-20-2012, 09:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
renaldo

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
I hate that panicky feeling, especially when I can't quite pin down what is making me anxious!!!
I had that panicky feeling at work yesterday. It was alcohol withdrawal. I have to stand on my feet all day and my balance was off because I didn't have my pacifier. I was afraid I was going to stumble from vertigo, and that was a real cause for concern. I wasn't hungover at all. I wasn't feeling after effects of alcohol. More specifically I was feeling the absence of alcohol. I had some intermittent stuttering problems as well and had a hard time concentrating on what people were saying on occasion.

I'm working part time with days off in between work days. That's all that's available at the moment. On my days off I feel "normal."

I suppose you could call it free-floating anxiety as a result of being without what I'm used to. Truth be told, I don't drink to have fun so much these days as much as just quelling the jones to enable me to feel comfortable in my skin.

I wouldn't say that I have social phobia per se, but I do enjoy my alone time for the most part. Being alone is OK with me. I have no plans for the holidays and haven't had for years. Does that make me an isolationist?

I work in a mall handing out food samples with repeating Christmas music blaring all day long. I'll be perfectly content to spend quiet time at home on Thanksgiving and Christmas.