View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

All Salvation Army's do not have a 'recovery rehab program' on site. However, they do make the arrangements for a person to meet with an 'intake counselor' and will even cover the cost of transportation to the rehab facility.

We do not have a rehab facility here, however, there is one in El Paso about 60 miles away, and our Salvation Army will cover the transportation themselves or pay for it to get the person to the El Paso Facility.

And yes, our Salvation Army is not in a very good area, and yes there are homeless outside of it selling and buying and sitting on the ground drinking out of brown paper bags. Usually waiting for the 'next meal' to be served. However, their 'second hand
store' is in a different area of town.

That is the point of Salvation Army to be where they are most needed. Well, where are they most needed? In the areas of a City or Town, where the really desperate hang out or live (by live I mean on the streets).

Different states have 1, 2, or 3 or more SA rehabs. CA I believe has 3, one in L.A., one in San Francisco and one in Sacremento. Wisconsin has 2, one in Milwaukee and one in Madison. Florida has 3, all on the east coast, Miami, West Palm Beach and Jacksonville. I believe in the Panhandle or the Northern Part of the state they send them to either Alabama or Georgia facilities. And so on by state.

So even though your town does not have a rehab facility your SA can help and will help a person to get into a rehab facility, probably the one in Boston.

Hope that helps JJay.

Love and hugs,