Thread: 50 days!
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 05:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
krispy87

50 days!

So, it's been a few weeks since I came on this site.

Last time I started a thread on here it was regarding the overwhelming feeling I got when I went to my second meeting. I was sure that I was not going to go to any more and that the best thing for me was to just try it on my own for a little longer.

Lo and behold, a day later I found myself at a women's meeting. Since then I have made a routine of 4 meetings a week (more if I have time), two of which are women's groups. I have a sponsor, I have a home group, and I have a commitment to chair my home group in January. This Saturday will be the first time that I meet with my sponsor to begin my step work, and as scary as that may seem, I am looking forward to it. For Thanksgiving I am going to my sponsor's brother's three-quarter-way house that he manages to cook up some food (haha we will see about that) and get to know some new sober people -- which I am looking forward to. I've really been trying to force myself to do things with other people from the fellowship and not seclude myself from the rest of the world or hide away in my room. Seems to be helping.

I've really been doing okay. I have my bad days where my thoughts take over and the little voices inside my head try to tell me how yummy a Sangria or pint of beer may taste, but it's okay and I don't beat myself up for those days -- as long as I don't pick up. 50 days sober now, and doing my best.

So yeah, happy news.