Thread: I said NO
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Reagan

I said NO

Thank you to everyone who responded to my "Take the Keys" story. I found courage in your responses and advice. When my AH insisted that I drive him to get his drugs yesterday afternoon, I said NO for the first time. He went by himself, I didn't fight him for my keys but told him that if he got caught by the police I would tell them that he took my car against my will. I worried about his and others saftey on the road but reminded myself every minute he was gone, if he hurt someone it was his fault, not mine. It felt good not to sit in a car scared of the creepy people in that neighborhood. It felt even better to be in control of myself. It has been soooo long since I have felt that. I also went to my first Alonon meeting last night. I must say that I was shocked to find out that there are so many others just like me. When you are going through this it feels like you are the only one on earth...you are so alone. Thank you for helping me see that I am NOT alone. I have to say that the most shocking thing came of my reactions....when I got home from work today, my husband had made an appointment with an addiction counselor. He is going tommorrow at !:00. I am not going to get my hopes up but it is the first time he has done anything about his problem since I have known him (3years). Thank you again everyone.