View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 05:31 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  
08FLHTP

Originally Posted by liv1ce View Post
I haven't followed this thread for quite a while so feel like I'm trespassing but I need to agree with Milroy. If your having to take drugs to feel better then what's the point? Sure your sleeping better. You're taking Valium or flexiril. You took an amphetamine to wake up? I am an oxy addict myself 6 months clean of all drugs. There is no hierarchy of the evil of drugs. They are all equally evil. If it has an effect on your mental state then for us it is addictive.

You didn't take a pill the night of the 8th and were awake. Why wouldn't you be? Without the sedative your brain doesn't know how to get to sleep on its own.

You are right. My body didn't know how to sleep on its own. The oxy and the lyrica had me so screwed up it took a couple months to get straightened out again. Yes, I still have oxys. I have amphetamines and valiums. But it has now been weeks since I took an oxy. And so many days since I used something else to sleep I don't remember how long it has been.

What I don't agree with is your statement about there not being a hierarchy. For me there is. But what I consider evil vs what I consider beneficial may be different from you or anyone else. The human body is its own cauldron of chemicals, and when you add a new ingredient the reaction you get may not be exactly the same for every body, because every body is starting out slightly differently. For example, most here have been talking about how their process has been both on and off oxycodone. But I was on and off oxycodone and lyrica. Is lyrica an evil drug? You wouldn't think so based on the commercials that come on tv. For me it was worse than the oxy. I felt poisoned.

Since I personally do not experience any negative side effects with the flexeril, nor do I take it regularly, I do not see it as evil. I can reserve it for those nights when the pain is really bad. I was hurting last night, and it was several hours before I could get to sleep. I was tired. My brain wanted to rest. But I couldn't make the room I was in dark enough or quiet enough. Plus, the seams of my clothes or my bedding kept driving me crazy. The fabric itself was scratchy. I was about 80-90% close to taking a pill. But I didn't. Instead I found a soft fleece blanket and wrapped myself up in it. All my moving about woke up my BF so when he got up and left the room, I was able to kill all light. I no longer could hear him breathe, and I was hoping another train wouldn't go by in the distance. Yes, 1:00 am when I was almost asleep a damn train woke me up again!

It was after 2:00 the last time I saw the clock. But I was able to sleep. Of course, without the flexeril, the pain is still there when I wake up, so even though I awoke 90 minutes ago, here I lie. I keep moving different joints to get them warmed up or loosened up enough they will be able to support my body weight when I do get out of bed. I can't just jump up and start moving. I would absolutely fall flat on my face. Been there and done that.

I would not be in this position now if I had taken a flexeril. But I am trying to get off everything so I didn't take one. I both regret it now and I am happy about it. The pain might control me. But the drugs don't.