Freedom1990

Originally Posted by mkr86 View Post
Clonazepam
Gabapentin
coke
fentanyl
diluadid
alcohol
As a long-term recovering alcoholic/addict, I will say that list gives me the chills.

Four of those I know for sure are central nervous system depressants. The abuse of just one or a combination of any is toxic, a potential coma and death. Yes, clonazepam is a benzodiazapine.

I take gabapentin for nerve pain, but had no idea it was something people abuse till I read your post. I have diabetic neuropathy and nerve pain from degenerative disc disease. It is a non-narcotic alternative to treating that pain for me.

I was also married to an active alcoholic/addict. He loved shooting up diluadid whenever he got the chance, which was rare. Most of the time we both shot crystal meth, and he drank a lot of alcohol. Personally I didn't like to add alcohol to the meth.

I had to walk away from that man for my own sanity/safety after I successfully completed rehab for myself.

He eventually remarried.

He was buried a few years ago at the age of 47, complications due to AIDS, a direct result of his lifestyle.

Untreated addictions do lead to jails, institutions, and death. I guarantee that.

Please get involved in your own recovery or you will be drug even further down with him. Naranon or Alanon meetings, individual counseling, lots of good reading, go through the "sticky" topics at the top of this forum. Get yourself a circle of support!

Please do keep posting. You have landed among friends.