View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
DrunkTx

I take a little different tact, which may not be advisable so young in your sobriety, and certainly isn't for everyone. I go out with my friends, and I party like a rock star, and I am fun and don't watch what anybody else is drinking...I JUST DON'T DRINK. I think part of the problem is we treat ourslves with kid gloves, so everybody else does too. I don't drink, that doesn't make me sick or a leper. I can party like the best of them, and I can enjoy their company (nice happy drunks that is). My advantage? I can drive there and back. I never have hangovers, I don't puke, I don't trip....when I dance, my feet are coordinated (you know like Fred astair). I always have seltzer in my hand, the bar tender comps me all night, and my friends don't think twice about it. In full disclosure, I am probably 18 years older, have been with my friends for all 18 of those years, and I have nothing to prove anymore. The key? Realize you are not special and you are not missing out. You are just you..who doesn't drink, eat Turkey or Patte (obviously I am talking about me) - drop the insecurity and go party your butt off, life is phenomenal sober, nothing passes you by!