View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
scacra1

hi All,

just an update... this 'compromise' we have is till working, we are both happy and my A is still sticking to his word. no lying, no sneaky drinking, nothing like that.
he seems much more relaxed and talks to me about how he is feeling, its taking his heart and soul to do this, as his every waking thought is about wanting to drink... but hes doing it, and has yet to let himself/me down.
his career is flying and his parenting skills too... he is a stable trustworthy loving man whom 'for now' i trust. my anxiety and fear is subsiding and life is 'normal'
so for us, and for now.... its our way of life. Maybe were naive, maybe were avoiding the inevitable, but, if it means were both happy and he is drinking that little bit less, and none of his loved ones are feeling pain caused by him, then ill take that.
feel free to leave opinions good or bad! i just wanted to share how we tried to work through the hell that we all experience.. that brings us to here.
Im no fool, i dont know if this can last, but this is our last chance, so i felt i/we had to try.
i can hand on heart say for the 4-5 months.... ive been genuinely happy and haven't felt like i was sharing my life with an alcoholic. The feeling however long lived is good.