View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 11:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dejvice

I had people ask me.....are ou ill? Are you taking meds? One day in my local I had one 'friend' try and pick an argument with my decision not to drink......at same time his eyes were bulging out of his bloated face.

in my local pub....I still pop in say once every few weeks for a coffee.....since August seemingly it has gone around that I have stopped drinking......I told the owner of the pub last Sept that I did it for a bet that I could stop until Christmas (any excuse for a quiet life with no questions).......anyway last Friday I popped in for a coffee....one local whom I rarely spoke with simply said 'not long to go now'......I asked. 'for what'?....he replied 'when you start drinking again....the bet you made'. I still don't get why people are so interested, mostly I feel or believe that they are not interested in a positive way but rather you must be ill.....or why don't you drink....or you should drink......or you should drink cos your missing the good time. At the start I didn't mind such comments but now they have become so so annoying.

I guess out of 20 people I know fairly well - from only two I could feel that they 'got it' (hope that makes sense) without so many words and questions and comments.