View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
isinganyway

Unhappy college drinking

My roommate just went out, I asked if I could join and she says:

"Well... it might be... awkward... since you don't drink. You know, they're typical college girls, we're just going to get drunk and go hit on boys at a bar."

Basically, me being sober will be weird for them since I'll be that nagging reminder that they're probably not doing a good thing for themselves.

That was my life for the last three years... it's hard when you live with someone still in it. On my birthday, we were getting ready to go downtown and three of my friends were over, drinking and smoking weed... and then I was there, sober, feeling like... damn. You couldn't even stay sober for MY birthday?????????

After a bunch of my really close friends went out to party... obviously I went home. It was hard remembering how for me, the night didn't really get interesting until I started drinking. I would not have been ok with just hanging out with some friends and going home sober.

IDK. Just feeling weird. Annoyed that because I'm sober, I'm now an annoying liability to my friends and not someone they can have fun with. Annoyed that I am having the foresight to quit before I have to, because the alcoholic in me doesn't give a **** if I ruin my whole life, it just wants to keep drinking. Thankfully, I'm smarter...