Old 11-17-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
treadingwater

I saw your second post!
Your boyfriend is a drug addict and an alcoholic. He is drinking to excess if he is feeling the sight affects of alcohol withdrawl. He needs to come to the realization and then accept that he CAN NOT do drugs or alcohol period!
My son had the same side effects from drugs and alcohol. He did not want to give up any of his drugs or his alcohol but the consequences of his drug use and drinking were apparent. He would go back and forth saying okay I'll not do drugs and I will just drink.
Typical addict thinking, because it did not take him long to spiral down hill. He is weeks away from being 24 and he has gone to the hospital at least three times that I know for pancreatisis... Oding you name it.
I am amazed at how much the human body can withstand!!! The drugs and alcohol that are consumed are mind boggling to me. Their poor body's are over worked and so tired. It makes me very, very sad to think about it, especially when we visually see the deterioration of our loved one.
We all understand it is painful for addicts to transition back to a normal life it takes so much discipline and courage.
I'm sure others will come along and post their thoughts.