View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 01:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by vinyl View Post
Readyandable, I do want to say, you mentioned you and many others are succeful with AVRT, and that is awesome. However if someone like Tammy is struggling with it, I see no reason why myself or anyone can not point out their own understanding of why that might be happening. You're right, this IS the secular forum, which means there will be many secular ways of approaching sobriety. Though my post was admittedly harsh, at it's core, I stand behind the thesis and my approach and would hope it could be just as respected in here as your own. Thanks, and sorry again for my apparent attack on AVRT, it was not my intention.
If someone is struggling, I don't see how that becomes an open opportunity to criticise their recovery choices, even if you have the best of intentions at heart.

I would like to respect what you share and offer, Vinyl. I can't do that if you don't speak from your own experience. I don't want your opinions on whatever somebody else is failing with, I want your shares of experience on what you are being successful with, and on what you have perhaps failed with in your past. When people share failure, it should be their own, and from their own experience. None of us are sufficient judges to any one else's choices, imo. Even when we're invited to share our opinion, care must be taken to respect the freedoms and choices of others.

I understand you previously attempted AVRT, and have since found it faulty, in your experience. I see no problem with you sharing how your efforts with AVRT failed, and doing so without criticising AVRT as a "wrong" choice for others.

I don't really know what to do with your explanation for your take on Tammy's struggles. I know I don't really agree with you, and I'm also seeing how you've stated it could happen again if you feel so inclined for whoever is struggling, as I bolded in your words.

Is it possible for you to respect AVRT even though you have since discontinued practicing it, Vinyl? In that I mean without criticising the whole of AVRT. You're free of course to criticise your own experiences with AVRT to your heart's content.

Does this make sense with you Vinyl?