Thread: Withdrawal?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 04:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sothisisit

I was an insane drinker and I know withdrawal very well unfortunately.

Was it easy? Hah!

I would be unable to sign my name I was shaking so bad.
I would have to crawl to the washroom and if I wanted water, I'd crawl towards the kitchen but would give up halfway through.
Couldn't stand for more than a few minutes as I was so dizzy.
Dry heaves for days.
Hiccups that on one occasion lasted 5 days.
Insomnia for more than a week.
I couldn't close my eyes at night because the hallucinations were so horrible.
I wouldn't look in the mirror but when I di by accident I would be stunned at the bruises and cuts and would have no idea how they got there.
I would reluctantly, once and a while, look at my answering machine and shudder at all the messages. Eventually, after enough withdrawals I would notice that people would stop leaving messages.
Would be so hot that I couldn't wear clothes but then would suddenly have to wrap myself in blankets because I was so cold that my teeth would chatter.
My heart would feel like it was going to explode.
On the occasion that I decided to phone 911 because I was so panicked it would take me forever to manage pushing the buttons on the phone.

In general, the hangovers which would take about a day early in my drinking, developed over time to be horrible withdrawals that could last more than a week before I could actually leave the house.

I could drone on (I haven't even touched upon the self loathing and guilt I'd go through) but, no, it wasn't as easy as just stopping.