View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 11:11 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  
ClassiFemme

Originally Posted by samwitch View Post
Hi everyone, day 18 here! Wow. It's crazy how the days start to run together after a while, I hope this continues. No real struggles today other than "future thinking" ie--how am I gonna get through Thanksgiving, party, Christmas, the 3rd Friday of March or whatever without a drink. Arggh, so annoying.

Hope everyone is doing okay, it's kinda quiet.
I think I'm either on day 17 or 18 but the fact that I can't be sure is making me really happy. I want to get to the point where I just don't drink, don't count days, don't even think about it. Congrats on your 18 days!

Today is the first day since becoming sober (post-withdrawals) that I didn't wake up full of energy. I woke up sleepy and sluggish and not wanting to go to work. Then I got to work and my sweet tooth activated. I bought 2 donuts but I guess the lady accidentally slipped in a 3rd. I ate ALL of them. I feel full and even more tired and heavy. Buuuuuut... this is the first day of not feeling 100% stellar in over 2 weeks, as opposed to regularly feeling 10x worse than this. A crappy-feeling day like this is helpful in its own way because it's good to remember that just because I quit drinking, every day won't magically become perfect. But... there are FAR more good days than bad, versus the other way around! Grateful to be where I am. And I'm chugging water to hopefully flush all this nasty sugar out of my system! UghHHHHH!