View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 08:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
0fS6

Thank you Wendy!

I just joined this forum today after reading some of the posts, including yours. I've been on and off Hydrocodone for multiple reasons during my life, and know it is a problem for me now. Your symptoms almost exactly mirror my own, right down to the depression, GI issues, and the knowledge that the drug can make you snap at your partner, not the lack of it.

It is fantastic that you had the discussion with your husband, and that he took it well. That support makes a huge difference. My wife has been a saint in my eyes, dealing with me talking about quitting for too long now.

Thank you for being an inspiration. I am tapering off, as this is what my doctor suggested. Unfortunately it does prolong the symptoms you described; basically you go through a mini version of that with each step you take down (I've done this before after surgeries). It is also extremely difficult not to justify taking more the next day as you pat yourself on the back for taking less the day before... something I must avoid.

Anyway, congratulations on your decision Wendy. Never look back, you are doing the right thing!