Thread: Chronic pain
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
redatlanta

Chronic pain

Last night AH mentioned that he is trying to wean himself off morphine.

I haven't mentioned much about that - he is addicted to morphine and fentanyl. he has chronic pancreatitis and diabetes. This have never been an "issue" much in our relationship he doesn't abuse them. Prescribed to him. So about a year ago we looked into getting him off of these by his desire. They really aren't effective he has been taking them so long but are a necessity to keep him from withdrawel.

We visited all of his doctors and asked opinions. We saw 4 = it went half and half - half said it would be better for him and he would be fine, half said he would never be able to because of chronic pain. We were one step away from self admittance in a rehab in their office and he backed out.

Aside from just being sick of taking pills and the multitude of Dr's morphine no longer agrees with him. makes him very sick when he takes it.

So I had a lightbulb moment and asked if this was a motivation to start drinking. No answer. yes the fact that he is drinking and taking these drugs scares the crap out of me.

He did say he is at the point that he wants to try to get off of all of it tired of the noose.

My question is if any of you have dealt with someone with addiction issues and chronic pain and rehab. Perhaps a better question on another forum but I have only posted here.