View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 03:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
keepingmyjoy1

COD...I feel for you. A lot of good comments for you here. I just wanted to add something from a different angle. When my son was 3, sound asleep, and AH drunk, passed out in a chair in the living room at about 11:00 pm, I began to hemorrhage. And I do mean hemorrhage...very badly. I tried to wake up drunk AH...I got told to f*** off.

I had to drive myself to the hospital. The ONLY thing that made that possible is that we had a friend of AH staying on our couch downstairs that I did wake up and tell him to listen for our boy just in case. By the time I got to the hospital, I was on the verge of passing out due to loss of blood. I was told I could have died. I ended up calling my adult daughter who lived on her own to come to hospital and then go to my house and wake up AH, tell him I was going in for surgery and for HER to take care of our son.

I only share this because God forbid something should happen to you, how would your son be taken care of? What if she was in a black out like my AH? If it weren't for his friend being there, who knows what would have happened. I can tell you this: if that friend wasn't there, I would have had to wake up my son, bring him to the hospital with me. It was bad enough I even drove myself, much less if I had to have brought my son with me to the hospital too. (Not to mention the trauma that would have caused him to see all the blood running down my legs--sorry to be graphic.)

My sharing this is to hopefully have you think about what could happen (that you may not even think could happen) if you do not keep proceeding the direction you are going. You are doing well....just keep going forward in protecting your son. Hugs.