View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 09:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
soberwife2012

why the drink over family

my husband has been drinking four loco since he lost his job year and a half ago. this drink of choice has made his alcoholism rage out of control. he had been short tempered and prone to fits of rage. he is staying weeks at a time so drunk that he has shut his body down and been hospitalized several times. in the last two months he has tried to take his life twice. i have made the choice to have him removed from the house and from my life. this choice has been the hardest thing i have ever had to do. i wish i could have my husband back but till he takes serious steps to his recovery i can not do anything for him. the worst thing is.... he is in ICU right now because he was in a serious accident sat. night ( yeah he was 3 times the legal time) and hit 2 other cars. but by the grace of god no one else was hurt!!! i am trying to keep myself healthy for the children but it is hard saying good bye to my best friend. i am not sure what the future is going to hold but i know that i can only make it one day at a time!! i have never drank but i can till you the closet drunk is the worst!! by the time anyone knew what was going on he was in a well of despair that only he can climb out of!! thanks for reading and i hope everyone good luck making it one day at a time!!