Old 11-14-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lizatola

You don't have to make any decisions today, you know this already. I am reading Codependent No More, too, right now and it's eye opening.

My AH was a great guy in between the bouts of depression and anxiety for 15 years. The drinking was binge drinking for him and wasn't really a problem, it was his decision making and secrecy about it that became a problem. Then came all the other addict stuff like lying, blame shifting, denial, and emotional issues. These are the real problems.

I think the question for you is: do you want to continue to live like you have been? How important is the intimacy for you, what happens if he continues to drink and keeps going downhill, are there financial problems that need solutions? You get my drift, what do YOU want for YOU? I think we all love our alcoholics as the people they are underneath, but we hate the addict and the behavior. Separating the two becomes difficult the longer they are practicing their addiction until we start getting healthy for ourselves. And, I'm not one to talk because I'm not even close to being healthy, LOL!