View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by laurie6781 View Post
This you must bring up at the counseling session tomorrow. See what the counselor has to say. We know AH will somehow turn it back on you, but the counselor will see him do it.

Keep stashing some money. Get yourself a good 'safety net' for back up for when you do finally decide what you are going to do.

You know through all of this since his DUI and even before he is and has shown you over and over WHO HE IS, and you are still in the mode of 'hoping, wishing', he will change. Ain't going to happen. He told you who he is, BELIEVE HIM.

And then you can start working on just you, and can you live with who he is RIGHT NOW because this may be as good as it ever will get, and whether you can or cannot live with who he is right now.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
You know, at this point I don't think he wants to live with me the way I am now anyway. Go figure, right?! He hates Al Anon, hates my counseling, hates my going to church and getting spiritually fed. Anything that changes his comfy spot in life is worth throwing under the bus. He just may want his freedom so he doesn't have to be 'responsible' anymore. He told the therapist that he wants me off his back. The therapist asked him what I've said lately to make him feel that way and he said, "Umm, nothing." Poor guy, I know it's got to be hard for him, too. I know he's angry and resentful, too. It's just sad to watch them self destruct. I pray for him daily, for God to keep him safe, and then I pray for God to be with me, as well, and I ask for strength and to be in HP's will. I am slowly working on taking care of myself, but I can't take out huge sums of money without bankrupting us.

I have a call put in for a consult with a lawyer whom I found through a friend. Her ex had similar issues and they divorced a few years ago. I need to figure out how to protect myself. Oh, and I'm going to meet with my physical therapist tomorrow to talk to him about hiring me part time after the holidays.