View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sasha4

I find it really creepy and very frightening....especially when there are fragile people here, especially newcomers on both sides. Myself first in the queue to bag that title.

A lot of her facts are incorrect, especially in terms of prescribing in the UK and pain management. And I cannot help but point this out.

A lot of the posts are conflicting - the poster is not an addict, is an addict, wants to get off them, is off them, flushed the pills away, is qualified to give advice due to overcoming addiction, a family member is an alcoholic so again qualified to give advice. The list goes on and on, the stories seem to spin far and wide with no element of truth.

However there is no awareness of AA, NA, ALANON, AVRT or recovery principles in general which I see as a massive concern. Or forum etiquette for that matter......

Some of the questions being asked about drug use and alcohol wave massive red flags at me and I worry that they are drug seeking behaviours.

God forbid something awful happens as there seems to be no self awareness that taking the self specified amounts of pills containing tylenol and paracetamol can be fatal. I dare not even think about other techniques to extract drugs.

Personally it is the first time I felt triggered since I joined SR.

And I apologise for venturing over to your place it's not my usual home, but I felt I had to comment. x