View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 05:38 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  
ClassiFemme

Checking in... day 16 for me. Feeling really good. I've been going through so much literature and what I've learned about this disease has really shocked and transformed my beliefs and opinions. I'm kind of sad that more about this disease and the substance of alcohol isn't common knowledge. I'm glad I finally know more about what I was putting into my body.

I started a private blogger blog about sobriety today. I have it on my computer and I have the smartphone app as well, so whenever I feel *anything* related to sobriety I can either read old entries or write new thoughts and feelings on the fly. So far I created 4 posts:

1. At my worst: As I recall the most negative experiences I had because of alcohol, I jot them down so I can reflect upon it if a craving ever arises. The list is embarrassingly long
2. Mega-list of sober improvements: A list of every wonderful realization/development since sobriety (I expect this list to be super long, eventually)
3. Helpful resources: A list of websites, books, etc... that I come across or learn about that might help or be of interest
4. Fears/concerns: self explanatory

The only person in my life I'm telling about my sobriety is my boyfriend. But I have a loooooot on my mind about it. The blog is so therapeutic!