Thread: Drug Testing?
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 03:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
incitingsilence

No, no, no … no contract, no drug testing. To sick, twisted and icky I find…
And really do you need a drug test to know that she is using?
Do you think a contract will stop her from?
Both are so wrapped in control, in an I’m going to find the lie…allow her to find the lies she is telling herself, it only works that way.

Look if you let someone you know is an addict in your home, then you have an addict in your home. If you are stolen from, have chaos running rampant, well on you not her, you let her in.

Can you let her be, have clear and concise boundaries that you communicate and talk to her about….especially your why’s behind them and those why’s better have nothing to do with her any attempt to save her from herself, or be something she can’t be now. I find it important to speak openly about everything. And I did just that with my son. I had very simple boundaries that made sense. I also had the no drugs in my home thing going on but I wasn’t so naïve to think that meant he wouldn’t use … I do believe he respected my wishes of no drugs in the home…other than that well I wasn’t really seeing recovery…

If you don’t want drug use in your home, then you really can’t have an addict in it. If you want to give her a chance, get yourself healthy, give her that gift … don’t enable her and allow her to find her way in it all. She can and is very capable of it if she is allowed to own her addiction and run it out her way. If you are extending her a place to live, then keep it as extending her a place to live, from there the second she is in your home, well as I said above, if you let an addict in your home…