Thread: Advice
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 10:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ChangingforGood

Advice

I woke up in the middle of the night and had to use the restroom, I guess I didnt close the door closest to me and it started closing. ( I cant believe I am even telling this next part to anyone) When I when to stand up I slammed my head into the door knob and ended up needing to go to the hospital. Damage was a fractured Jaw and still horrid pain. I told the doctor I didnt want pain medication but they had already given it to me when I first came in. I explained my situation to him and he was understanding. He let me know what I was in for and how hard this recovery will be. He said that he was goign to Call 10 pain pills in to my pharmacy because while he understands my struggle he thinks if I let the pain become unbearable I may just give up recovery all together.
My DOC was Norco (Hydrocodone) I used it on and off always with a prescription from the same doctor for dental pain. When I had my surgeries for my teeth i used it daily for 6 months as prescribed. When the prescription ended is when I came here for help on recovering.
I am terrified of taking these and then going backwards.
The doctor at the hospital promised to talk to the doctor I will be seeing while this heals to make sure he knows I am trying to recover and am very early on.
Im at home now and in horrible pain but am so confused as to what i should be doing
I guess what I am asking is, at 16 days has anyone had to take their DOC and then went back to recovery or am I just throwing everything Ive worked so hard for away?