View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 01:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
hopefornow

Coming off Suboxone

I have been on Suboxone for a year and a half. I have to drive 4 hours each way once every two months. I had been using painkillers for 10+ years and had a major problem for the last 2 of them. I got to my breaking point and thought that suboxone would be the best option.If I knew then what I know now, i would have probably just gone to treatment.
I received a letter from my Doctor last week that he was leaving his practice within the month and i would have to use what I have left to taper down.
I have myself down to 2mg a day which doesnt do much but keeps me from having withdrawels. I really want to be done with all of it. I tried to come
off of the suboxone one time before and it was hell, i ended up relapsing. Way worse than any painkiller withdrawels. I am going to try to make it to X-mas break at college and take a couple weeks off of work and hope for the best. I have a huge support system and really want to get back to normal and not be dependent on anything.
If anyone has any advice for coming off of the suboxone successfully i would greatly appreciate your help.