View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 10:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
angelbaby925

How can I be there?

So, today was a good day. Took my son to see his dad and we had an awesome time. I get a call about 30 minutes ago and my x is saying he is disappointed in himself because he had a great day and then thinks about using or drinking afterwards... He feels like a failure. He still can't forgive himself for everything he's done to his child and me and how he loves us more than anything... He's scared. He started crying and apologizing for feeling this way and for all the hurt and damage he has caused. How he just wants be a great father and bf. He doesn't know why I even talk to him, because I should hate him. But, keep in mind he's almost three months sober and in rehab... He's never made it this far... He's afraid of the " what next " he's used to living in failure and that's where he is comfortable. I told him its ok to feel this way and its normal. He's never had to deal with his emotions and this is all new and real. I told him also, that he is going to have these thoughts but he has to find ways to overcome them... I don't know what the best approach is to help him through this... Any advice?