Old 11-11-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
FenwayFaithful

Alcohol withdrawal can kill you.

So yes it can be extremely serious.

And someone who is having uncontrollable DT's is probably experiencing pretty serious withdrawal. You need to have you heart rate, blood pressure and things of that nature monitored.

I don't mean to sound harsh or melodramatic but it can lead to heart attacks of strokes as well as a number of other serious complications. I think in that case people finding out you're drinking again would be the least of your worries.

And a BIG part of committing to recovery is being honest with yourself AND others around you. If you're not doing that it's going to make staying sober that much harder.

And how exactly were you planning to get the medication without a doctor? You should never take something without a script ESPECIALLY when your body is going through withdraw.

I hope you decide to swallow your pride and see a doctor. It could truly be a life/death situation and most definitely at the very least a danger to your health.

Best of luck. I don't mean to come off as a jerk, I just don't want to see you do permanent damage