View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 10:32 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
SadHeart

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
And SadHeart, the description of that family just tears my heart apart. So many people suffering. But yes, I understand your concern about the young man. A schizophrenic without a conscience is a very scary person.
They aren't nice people, except for the daughter. The son is just creepy and odd, just within the borders of social propriety. But you feel it. He has 4 felony convictions already and a fascination with weapons. When he doesn't get his way he's horribly passive aggressive and manipulative to make people do what he wants.

The father is very passive, vodka swilling, momma's boy who whines about how victimized he is. Not a very effectual person.

The grandmother is personality disordered: histrionic, narcissistic, and very dependent. Terrified of being abandoned, can't stand not having someone paying attention to her. She literally gets panicky if she's alone 10 minutes. And she needs nonstop affirmations of how loved she is and how wonderful and how mean everyone is to her for no reason.

The daughter has been raised from infancy to please and have no feelings or opinions and to serve every one else. Grandma's unhappy, go make her happy. Your brother is bored, go entertain him. I need a sandwich, go make me a sandwich. I've never seen her angry ever, she's not allowed to be. And she's not allowed to have any feelings except happy positive feelings, and she has no privacy and even her possessions are not hers if her brother wants them.

There's an older brother two who abuses alcohol, is a pothead, and dabbles in rx drugs. He's charming, but won't work or go to school, just mooches exchanging charm for a living.

Not a pleasant family at all--but they think they are the tops!