View Single Post
Old 11-10-2012, 06:29 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
NatalieN

Neverthought *I have to stay away from all kinds of stimulants, specially prednisone and the like. Steroids give me a lot of energy and are very effective to treat inflammation in my joints, buy they *make me crave alcohol. I can't take appetite suppressants or drink energy drinks like redbull. I have to be carefully that my multivitamins do not contain macca, Yerba mate or similar roots that are stimulants as they all make me want to drink.

Even drinking coffee excessively could be a trigger. Please tell your doctor to switch you to another medication, and if by allergy you mean your body is itching, I believe that's common when detoxing. May be you can use a lotion like calamine or some other topical lotion or cream.

Guys you MUST treat yourself to the movie "Flight" it will do wonders for your sobriety. It's about this alcoholic pilot who goes through a terrific ordeal. I left me movie in tears but deeply *convicted that I can never drink again.*

I am grateful for my month, my week and 2 days today. I truly believe the worst is behind me. My job now is to work on my plan to stay sober. Some days are better than others when it comes to enthusiasm about my sobriety.

I am staying away from my mother in law today as lately she has been pushing some buttons. There is a get together that I will not attend today because she is going. I am learning to treasure and protect my sobriety.*

I am looking forward to my next therapy session. The first one was a couples session and although helpful, I did not have a chance to address this screwy thinking of mine, which if left unaddressed will most certainly deliver me back to the booze.

Natalie*