View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 09:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Tarot

I am in almost the same dilemma except its my teenage kids who keep telling me to give up on him. Its a rock and a hard place and my own sanity and his manipulation is such that i can't see the wood for the trees at the moment. I kick him out when he has sedan he stays clean for a week or two then does it again and i kick him out again and he goes off and gets his fill for a few days until i am missing him so much that i take him back. Again and again we go round on this merry go round. But he is clever enough to realise my weaknesses and again he continues with the best of both worlds. I'm not strong enough to give him up and he's not strong enough to give up the smack. Its got to the point that i realise now through reading posts on here etc that i am not helping him by letting him do this...he has to reach his rock bottom and giving him my love is not the best for him. I need to realise this and practice tough love. Its so hard though when it tears you apart not to call him back etc when you miss them so bad! But i am beginning to understand that this is the best way to love him...to leave him. I am going to have to, sadly there are others out there who will cushion him from hitting his rock bottom too. So i guess i have to look at whether i want to spend anymore months/years/the rest of my life with some one who loves his needles more than me and some one i will never trust, who's not even here half of the time, some one who's every word i have to question. Don't get me wrong i adore this man and he's so lovely in so many ways but so was Jeckyll but Hyde won in the end.