View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 09:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jen31

I will say one thing, Jaycee. I went to my SIL house yesterday to walk her dogs. While I was there I found a LOAD of wine, liquor and beer. I was by myself and almost lost to temptation. It was so difficult. I literally stood there over 20 minutes looking at all of it and having a conversation with myself about whether or not I should drink some. I really, truly almost drank a glass of rum, but got a text that second that my SIL finally had her baby. I had to rush to the hospital. It was definitely a sign from above that it all happened with the timing it did.
Remember, this was happening while I was ALONE. I didnt have anyone there to tell me to "go ahead, its free" "its only one" "you'll be fine" "we are on vacation" etc... Today is my day nine and I am SO VERY THANKFUL I didnt not drink anything last night, but my goodness was it so difficult to be in that situation. Emotionally straining.
You may be totally different, but I wanted to share this with you, since we are close to the same amount of days sober.
Good luck and we are all praying for you.