View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JayceeL

Enter the danger zone?..! Day 10!!

Here it is shhhhhhh.. I've been sober for 10 days straight. Not even one sip of beer. I say shhhhh because when I think about the fact its been 10 days I makes me freakout. Don't get me wrong I am stoked, but I am also scared to mess it up.

Here I am facing my second weekend. I am not even worried about it because I will be working and I will be alone. I live alone and if there is nothing to drink in the house there is nothing to drink. I can face my emotional recovery rollercoaster pretty well on my own... but when I involve anyone else...??

No.. its Monday that I am worried about. Monday begins a week of vacation. Monday I will drive 6 hours to visit my boyfriend (of 4months), who drinks -alot- knowing what I know now I wonder if he may have a drinking problem of his own... I have decided not to say anything about my not drinking, and just not drink and see how it goes. Does that sound like a dumb idea? We are going camping and of course going out and hanging out with all of his friends and family- who all drink-. A lot of uncomfortable situations… a lot of free booze will be available.
My parents are very worried about me going into this situation and with him this early in my recovery, but I feel like what am I supposed to do hide away from the world, break up with him? I just feel like if I don't live my life the way I want -only sober- then I will never be able to face living.

These 10 days of sobriety have given me these 10 awesome things to be happy about...

1. Running the fastest I ever have.
2. Memories I had forgotten
3. Mental clarity to make decisions.
4. Saved a ton of money.
5. Making a goal and finally following through.
6. Time to do things I have always wanted to do.
7. Sleeping without the aid of drinking.
8. Finding knowledge and people on SR.
9. Being honest, mostly with myself.
10. I am not a slave anymore.

Does plunging into the fire next week necessarily mean I am going to get burnt?