Old 11-08-2012, 11:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lastchance84

Going through recovery with a cheating spouse.

Ok I finally realised today Im not going crazy from withdrawl. I know my wife has been having an affair. I knew for more than a month but shes been convincing me Im chasing ghosts. My question is she is kind of my rock, when I am alone it is easier for me to relapse. Problem is any person I know that I could stay with is closest by 12 hours by plane. I was thinking to move back to an old city that I used to live in here which is about 3 hours away. The stress of being around my wife when I know something is going on and she wnt tell me is killng me. It is actually driving me nuts but she is too smart and I will never catch her in the act. My heart is telling me to leave but we also have a pet together which I could not take with me. My question is, only being a week in would it be dangerous to try and go it alone? I kno most will say only i know the answer but i need some advice from an experienced member. Also if I stay here my jealousy will get the best of me and Im afraid of myself flying off the handle at the wrong person. I would never hurt my wife or myself but I may cause her to lose her job. Ive tried talking her but she just denies everything and would never ever tell me unless i caught her red handed which i never will. Ive also tried just keeping to myself but she gets angry and says im acussing her of something I shouldnt do. Right now the most important thing is sobriety. Please someone give me some advice.