Thread: 1 month
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 04:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
vinyl

Originally Posted by RobbyRobot View Post
For me, my AV is all too real, in my experience. For me to evaluate my AV as unreal is to defeat my awareness of recognising my AV from myself. It would follow from there that I would in fact be creating an even greater influence from my AV as I continued to generalize it as nothing more than unreality.

My AV is in fact, a collected harvesting of my own thoughts. My own very real thoughts, to be sure...

In any case, nice going on your not drinking. Awesome!
Thanks for the kind words. I would like to address your thoughts against my particular path mentioned in the other two threads here as well, since those threads were started by others.

This is my understanding, not anyone elses. The way I see it, a harvesting of your own thoughts is in fact perfectly natural, no one said don't think. However, attaching a name or giving this so called AV a reality is simply a construct we manipulate in dualistic thinking, a "me vs. it" rationale. When in fact there is no "it" at all. There is just your thoughts but they are not a "beast", the "devil" or any other character in the real world.

They are your thoughts, the firing of synapses based upon your own perception of your experience. I have no longer given those thoughts or "AV" substance. I have decided those thoughts are the same as any thoughts and have no physical control over this moment, the here and now. With that I've been able to close the gap between a thought and my reaction. Instead of holding onto the anxiety of that construct, I realize immediately it holds no tangible value whatsoever and I am able to let it arise within me and then let it go as quickly as it came, without having to fight it as many seem to be doing with this "beast" they've given a life.

Whereas before, the construct would arise, but I attached a reality to it, a beast. When you carry around a thought as a realized, separate animal, you have then entered duality and have an object for which you are struggling against. This is my own understanding, and this is what works for me.