Thread: Finally Ready
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 07:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
soberjim

Finally Ready

I was reviewing my profile today and noticed that next week I will have been a member of the SR community for 1 year.

I would very much like to say I have 1 year of sobriety. I don't. In fact I am on another day one.

Why I am posting?

Several reasons.

One. to say thank you. There are truly are some amazing folks on this site. The support is incredible..

Two. I have learnt a great deal about myself over the past year. Part of this has come from my ability to see my struggle in others struggles. I am not alone.

Three. It is important to provide support to people going through this struggle. I like providing support.

As I reflect over the past year my 'block' has been my reluctance to admit to myself, 100%, that I have a problem with drinking. I have finally admitted it. For me I believe that is a turning point.

I post this today, because I hope others in the early part of the struggle will read this and know the importance of acceptance. It is critical.

Thank you all. I will need the support of the SR community as I move forward in this journey. I want to also give back as I move forward.

Jim