View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 07:04 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
caligirl71

Originally Posted by MadeOfGlass View Post
He wants to be a stubborn fool about it then let him. Really, take care of you, take care of your children, let him do whatever destructive thing he wants to, as long as those things he only does to himself.
You have your own job to do...save yourself, save your children.
One day he is going to realize that the only person he has a right to be angry with is HIMSELF.
So you go on ahead, taking no responsibility for his problem, and detach from it, and do what is good for you.
Can you get a little break from him in your schedule? Like take the kids somewhere for the weekend?
It is the hardest thing for you to find right now, but it is the thing you need the most--some peace. Your job is to take care of yourself, your own mental health, and that is how you make it so that you can be a healthy parent. So do realize how important your own mental health is...far too often we put ourselves at the bottom of the list.
Yes, I need a break! I may take the kids away for the weekend. I did a lot of thinking today and I do realize I just can't go on like this. I can't live with a liar and manipulator. I deserve better. I have an consult with an attorney early next week. I'm so nervous. The worst part of all of this is my son is so happy that his dad "quit" drinking. He said "Now I don't have to worry about dad getting drunk." What the heck do I tell him? Just another letdown to add to the many in his short life.....