Thread: Day 5....
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Parrotice23

Day 5....

Here we go with day 5. I've been doing good for the most part, keeping positive, feeling better each day. Certainly not easy though. Had one big burst of mental anger over feeling how "unfair" it was that I couldn't just have a drink like other people do, but got that under control pretty quickly by remembering the after effects of what it is like when I have "one" drink, I mean bottle. Took a deep breath and moved on.

Made my first solo excursion to the store yesterday, probably not wise but it turned out fine, I had no trouble walking by the seemingly endless shelves of alcohol. Washington state just passed the law to allow alcohol in grocery stores last year, before that it was easier to avoid the hard stuff, now it is everywhere. I shouldered on, got the stuff off my list and tried to turn a blind eye to it all.

Physically feeling much better from days 1 and 2, although I can still see some withdrawal symptoms popping up. Night sweats... ugh. NOT a fun way to wake up. I'll take that over being in the hospital or a grave though.

I haven't posted for the last 2 days but have been reading a lot. Thanks to everyone for all the helpful posts and for trying to keep us all pointed in the right direction!