Old 11-06-2012, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Crawdaddy

Treating the physical body after quitting.

I have been a hardcore boozer for over 25 years. I quit drinking for a year about 5 years ago but started back up and for the life of me cannot remember how long things took and / or what I did to detox and get healthy.

This time I am at day 7 and feel ok but am looking at jumpstarting my health. I am obsessive compulsive so with everything I do I put 100% into it. Spite seems to drive me but lack of knowledge is hindering my recovery( at least in my mind ).

Background:
I quit drinking because:
1. my eye sight was failing. I couldn't seem to focus when desperately trying to read a computer screen.
2. I couldn't concentrate or form complex ideas.
3. I couldn't remember the simplest things. ( like what I had for supper last night) promises I made even a day prior.
4. My face and head started feeling numb. Not completely but desensitized.
5. I started putting on 5 -7 lbs of water weight on the weekends because my liver couldn't keep up.
6. When having conversations I couldn't formulate intelligent responses.
7. Sevier back pain when standing up but it would go away after walking a few yards.

What I am doing now.
1. Obviously not drinking booze.
2. Exercising intensely for 40 min a day. ( Insanity workout )
3. Eating 3 square meals a day.
4. Weight it staying constant which is ok but a little frustrating that its not falling off. I assume I was consuming between 1500 - 2000 calories in booze per day and still eating a meal or 2 per day.
5. taking an all-purpose vitamin, B12, C, Testosterone boost, Milk Thistle, Ginseng, and D.

What I am still hoping to accomplish other than sobriety is a way to clean out my liver, colon, other toxins, increase mental alertness, rebuild brain cells, etc...

Any ideas or past experiences would be great.

What I have accomplished so far..
1. Back pain is minimal
2. Eyes sight is good for 3/4 of the day and getting better
3. Mental clarity is much better
4. Intellectual confidence is starting to get back to normal
5. Remembering the majority of what happened the past couple days.