Thread: So.. What now.
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 01:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
eveleivibe

Originally Posted by Kc636 View Post
So, I received a phone call two days ago from my boyfriend of 5 years, who is only 20 years old, that he was in the hospital, and going through withdrawal. He then proceeded to tell me he'd been addicted to heroin for the past 6 months. I am still in shock and not quite sure if I even have accepted it yet, but I haven't heard from him since, and his parents have me a call today to update me, let me know that he was in rehab type place and will be there for at least a week, and I don't know what to do. I had no idea and for that I feel so stupid, and going through my mind is just time after time how could I not see it? I'm confused and hurt and in all honesty just completely out of it and not sure how to handle it. I don't know if the past 6 months has been real or what. I never even thought I'd be on a website like this, but as he's getting help, I need help too. Where am I supposed to go from here? Am I supposed to be that amazing supportive girlfriend? I don't even know if I can handle it. I've been lied straight to my face everyday for 6 months. So.. What's next.
You're not stupid. A lot of ppl are unaware because addicts are secretive in order to keep their addiction alive. They don't want ppl find out n putting a stop to it or watching their every move. There is no guarantee he will 'get the help' this time. He may just be saying this as we dont know why he is in the hospital. For instance, if he ODd he may be telling you what you want to hear. If he IS really sorting him self out then you both need to do some serious talking - working through the issues like how you ferl about him lying to you.
Look melanie beaties codendencey no more n any other books / stuff inline concerning enabling etc.
Get some clear boundaries n stick to them - get as much support as you can because whether you stay or go you'll need it.
Take sime time for you n remember you matter n think about what you want from your life.

We are here for you so please kerp posting good or bad n know that we care very much about you xxxx

Dolly. Sorry if i was offensive earlier.