View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
StillMySon

Originally Posted by hope213 View Post
i feel so sorry for you. i have been down that road with my own son at age21(he is now 42) & now with my grandson age 20. i let my son put me thru hell & i told my g-son i would not walk that road with him. i see where u want to buy him groceries. i have seen my son take gro back to the store. nothing stops an addict from getting his drug. the addict has to really be ready to stop. hard as it is let him walk this road by himself. my son is doing a 7yr sentence in prison due to drugs. he has been in & out since age 21. that is when i found out he was using. i paid high$$$$'s to keep him out of jail,with lawyers,bonds & all the other bills i paid for him, his wife & daughter. he says today if i had not done all of that he would have gotten cleaner quicker. it is hard for me to see my g-son on the streets, homeless but if he chooses drugs that is the way it is. my prayers are going up for u & your precious son. i know u love him but you have got to be strong. get into a face to face program. prayers,
I'm so sorry. I can't imagine seeing your grandson now going down such a brutal path. (((((Hugs)))))))

I wanted to give everyone another update. I took my son to the doctor today for the b/w needed to get him into the program I found for him. We spent the day together and I really felt like I had my boy back. He was his old self in such a way that I hadn't even realized was missing. Until today, I hadn't realized how much he'd changed. He's been VERY tired and eating a lot but I've kept him holed up in the apartment and now he's home here with me. He's sleeping now and tomorrow morning I will put him on a plane. My mom will meet him at the airport and take him home with her. She lives in a pretty isolated area so I think he will be safe until he checks into his program (hopefully by the end of next week).

I found out tonight that my little brother did Meth for 10 months back in his 20's. He called and talked to me about it and will call and share his story with my son. I had NO idea he'd ever done it! He said he was able to quit cold turkey by just changing his environment and not hanging around the same people (I do believe my son is(was!) a heavier user than my brother was.

I'm cautiously optimistic that we have broken the cycle but I am painfully aware that this is a lifelong haul for him. At least I feel like we are moving in the right direction, for now.