View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 03:01 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
rsk

Thank You Everyone...
I do go to NarAnon and it is helpful.

Here's the honest truth and it may sound completely stupid to some but here it is.

From everything that has happened so quickly and despite the fact that I cannot control him, what I have left of my pride is what keeps me from blocking him. I see things because we have many mutual friends and of course his stuff is not "private" so I get to see the things that our mutual friends comment on(it's sad his own friends and family no longer support his actions with this girl). I feel like the pain is undeniable but I don't want to be blindsided again, I don't want to be the last to know and unable to express my feelings rationally. Also maybe deep down it makes me know that even though I am all of a sudden dead to him, actually I am not and I am fighting to keep myself on the right path and staying afloat. As immature as it is, I kind of feel like I am not standing strong if I block him. I leave him alone and have never contacted him so there is no temptation with that, I refuse to have to change my connections with people b/c of him...I mean hasn't he already inflicted enough pain, why should I have to give up something that belongs to me.

There really are no words to describe how extreme they are.Please do not think I am being dramatic. She now has his name tattooed enormously on her body and he will be apparently be getting her name as well. This coming from the man that said he would never get a tattoo of a woman's name nor does he even have any other tattoos.

I do have one question, has anyone ever witnessed someone change so drastically...it blows my mind. I do not know how to put this any more seriously, our entire relationship (in four years I thought I knew him) he always made it a point to say the qualities of a person (woman) that he could never stand for...and she is this person 100%%%%. It really still makes me feel a certain type of way. How does one go from one extreme to the other? Maybe I was actually the person that he hated all along...it sure seems that way. Wish he gave me a heads up on that.

I have never seen nor heard of this in real life, until now.