View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 09:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
FindingErica

Originally Posted by rsk View Post
I think I am so angry because I can't even fathom dating anyone but he is "madly in love" what!?!?! I don't get it, when do I get to be happy?
Nope, he's not, its called infatuation and it doesnt last. He's desperately grasping at anything to fill the empty void of instant gratification that addicts have. Like greedy toddlers.... Gimmee gimmee gimmee! And like toddlers the lose their intense interest when something shiny or squeaky catches their attention. It isnt real or lasting. Doing the hard work, the soul searching, the questing for self betterment, putting God first (if you believe that way), working on becoming a person of character and living life with integrity. That attracts a lasting relationship. It may not have flash and fast, but in the end you are going to find a higher path that will lead to lasting things.

I understand it hurts right now, and I fully expect that AH will materialize a woman either real soon or he will keep her hidden until the divorce is final. I expect I will be really angry and hurt. This is the lonely season of rebuilding and healing. It stinks! But Id rather do this now then stuff another relationship into that wounded place to avoid feeling and to try to circumvent the pain of growth and healing. Isnt that what adicion is, using something to avoid reality? That is your exA's pattern, and thisis no different. Hold on, you will end up glad you were not in her place.