View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 04:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
PhilsFan33

Originally Posted by icandoit12 View Post
You and I have a ton in common. Head to my threads to read through my stories. I also was a functional pill popper, had a good job, owned a small company, didn't have bad ties with the family etc. HOWEVER I am a perfect example of how if you don't get grips on it now, it will start to interfere with everything. Sounds like you are not using now due to you being broke. The part that is going to show you are truly ready is for you to not pick up on payday. Like they said earlier, get someone to hold your money. I have all faith that you can do this. And the fact that you are able to go to work still is UNREAL. I detoxed so many times and always had to call in. No more then 2-4 days though.

You can do this. It is a matter of working very hard at it. As hard as you work at times at using, you will have to work harder. I am at 8 months and some change clean now, and feel great. Time went slow for the first few months, but it has gotten easier.

Hang in there man. Glad you survived Sandy. I live in Shanghai and have been watching the news.
Thank you so much for your support and I look forward to reading your threads. Honestly, you're exactly right. My biggest weakness has always been payday. In the past I never made a plan or had a goal. So this weekend I'm determined to come up with a plan not only for this upcoming payday but each payday after, even if that means I will hand over my money to my mom.

Again thank you for your support and well wishes. I look forward to reading your threads and updating you on my sobriety!