View Single Post
Old 11-01-2012, 05:59 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
KnowHope
Recoveringed

Originally Posted by JetJensen View Post
I resent the term "drug abuse". I have always taken my medications as directed have not raised the dose in 3 years and have reduced my dose to less than half of where I started without my doctor telling me to do that. I am not a drug abuser.
Fair enough, although perhaps you can understand any potential confusion as this is a forum dedicated to recovery from substance abuse. Physical dependence or even hard recreational use are a truly different deal from addiction. If you are dealing with straight medication issues, I would think your doctor should be able to answer all of your questions related to the drugs he/she prescribed for you? If they can't do that, perhaps you would want a doctor that is better qualified to handle your medical care? As for your question, it could depend on a variety of factors including how long you've been on it, how much you've been taking, your age, any potential complications, etc. Acute withdrawal can vary, and then Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome could also be a possibility. However, addicts do not just start feeling normal because they stop using substances. We have to deal with addiction once we're clean. In any case, lots of love to you on your journey and sincere best wishes in your healing.