View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 05:03 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
08FLHTP

Today marks 5 weeks since my cold turkey stoppage of oxycodone and lyrica.

I was out on Saturday or Sunday and I felt the nerve in my neck pinch so I did take 10 mg of oxy then. I still have it, and will take it for pain when I need to, but I am learning the difference between the various pains I experience: the past injury pain, the fibromyalgia pain, and/or the withdrawal pain.

I haven't needed to take a Valium or anything to help me sleep in over a week, either. My sleep cycle is finally getting back to normal. And since I haven't been using the valiums or much of the oxys, I haven't needed to take adderal much lately either.

I did feel like crap on Monday during the storm, but I always feel like crap when the weather is bad. The last 2 days though...I've felt almost normal!

And the universe seems to be answering my positive thoughts in searching for better ways of dealing with all this. Since I started on the oxys due to past injuries and degenerative bone issues, herniated disks, etc plus the lyrica for the fibromyalgia I needed an alternative to deal with the pain.

On Saturday I won a month with a personal trainer. I know this woman. She is the first person I ever met with fibromyalgia. She became a personal trainer as a way of coping with it. So, she understands!

I also was put in touch with a person who is in the final stages of her certification as a rubenfeld somatic synergist. So, I am getting in to see her for 7 sessions, for FREE. That bodywork should help me to address some of the lingering pains from my many injuries in the past. We shall see!!!

So, my best advice is to others is to LISTEN to your own body. If you take oxy, your brain WILL create the sensation of pain to make you want to take more. For me, it is a middle of the back major ache with an overall feeling of sluggishness. Ignore it!!

But if you really are in pain, and the OTC stuff doesn't touch it...when it's not an "I want" but an "I NEED", then consider where you have been. Cold turkey is tough. But tapering down can make the process take longer. You need to find your own balance you can live with. But if you start taking more and more, you aren't tapering down! So pay attention!

I never threw out or flushed my pills. I still have 200 mgs of oxys available. And there IS something empowering about that. If I feel I need 5 or 10 mgs here or there, I will decide then if I can live with the mini withdrawal that WILL happen after I take one. I have discovered I had better be in more pain before taking any than the pain I am going to be in after taking some!

It is a learning curve, that's for sure.