View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 05:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
evilk

It makes me wonder what my previous illnesses were really about. Last December I wound up in the hospital. I was severely dehydrated and stressed. I was vomiting uncontrollably. They hooked me to an IV giving me fluids and anti nausea meds. I was told to drink only water and very mild foods in small amounts. Eventually I got better. (and resumed lifestyle)

This September, we went on a trip. It was a canoe in trip in Canada and eventually drove out to Vermont. I know I drank quite a bit before the canoe in part in Toronto...by the time we were in the wilderness I was vomiting or out cold. I woke up shaking and feverish. It was a solid 48 hours of this. Of course no alcohol until we were in civilization again. Tender stomach, but feeling better until we got home. Celebrated 2 days off at home with a binge and I was vomiting again. Down for weeks, pain all through my abdomen and back. Eventually my Dr. put me on antibiotics and anti nausea thinking I probably caught a bug. (I lied to her about how much I drank)

I didn't drink at all yesterday. I'm going in for my tests in 1/2 hour. I'm really scared to do this alone. I hope my husband does this with me. For him too, but I can't help but feel like this is really really urgent for me.