Thread: Input requested
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

IMO, your email was excellent! It said what you felt and communicated your disappointment. Maybe it was "too harsh," but who knows? If he was really drunk when he read it, he might not have noticed. But, it seems, it has made you feel bad about how you have treated him.

First, he's not going to change. And he's not going to undo or make amends for all the wrongs he has committed against you and your neighbors and family. He is going to continue to be EXACTLY who you have learned him to be. From here on out, you are completely responsible for all the decisions you make. And if you decide to keep this guy in your life, that means accepting all the dysfunction that comes with him.

I have learned that when someone shows you who they are, it is best to believe them. I've also learned it's easier to detach from someone when I stop being in contact with them. If I were you, I would stick his stuff outside like he asked, email him it's out there, unfriend him from facebook, and block his emails.

You've let out your anger and frustrations in the email. Now it behooves you to let him go. And next time you'll probably think twice before you hit that Send button. I know, because I have learned that I can really hurt a guy with my words and my anger.